In the United States alone, nearly 20,000 workers are injured each year in forklift accidents. Improper training, lack of information and carelessness are often the cause, and that’s why we’re doing something about it. In conjunction with National Forklift Safety Day, Barclay will once again offer our fourth annual Safety Summit, a free informational event for Warehouse, Safety and Operations Professionals. This year’s focus will be on INNOVATION – Improving Safety & Driving your Operation Forward. It will take place on June 11, 2019, from 9AM – 2PM. Here’s a look at what you can expect.
Make a Commitment to Safety
On average, about 100 workers are killed every year due to a forklift accident that probably could have been avoided with the proper training and education. By signing up for Barclay’s Safety Summit, you are taking the first step towards ensuring a commitment to forklift safety is your company’s top priority. We apply the following principles to our day to day operations and make this the foundation for our training programs and this event:
- Raise awareness of the importance of operator training & proper lift truck maintenance
- Believe that safety is paramount
- Dedicate time, energy and resources to the effort
- Recognize the hazards and move to correct them
Open Discussion with a Panel of Safety Professionals
This year we have invited a group of local Safety Professionals from NJ and NY area companies to participate in an open panel format. They will share their own “real world” safety stories and experiences. The forum will be monitored by our OSHA Outreach Trainer. Questions will be asked by attendees and topics of discussion will include:
- Current OSHA trends on forklift safety
- Details regarding OSHA standard requirements, rules, violations and citations
- How OSHA’s penalty system regulates forklift equipment by educating employees and supervisors
- Which OSHA guidelines companies with forklifts must operate within, such as completed daily inspections by management and other OSHA recordkeeping requirements
Explore Innovative Technologies
You’ll also have the chance to see and demo a variety of products that are making waves in the forklift industry to help keep employees safer on the job. Industry experts will be on hand to explain these innovations in detail and demonstrate the following:
- Yale® End Rider – a game changing rider pallet jack that allows operators to pick up and move product faster and safer. You will see first-hand how it compares with two other major manufacturers equipment – Crown & Raymond.
- Tools and safety considerations for aerial needs, tight spaces, and moving people and products
- Motive Power Technologies – A rapidly advancing field that is offering safer and more efficient ways to power your fleet.
Find Info on OHSA Training
Even the safest models of forklifts require the proper operator training, knowledge, attitude and skills to ensure a safe work environment, which is absolutely vital to the success of your business. Don’t make the mistake of thinking initial operator training is enough. At this year’s Safety Summit, you’ll be able to take home information on Barclay’s OSHA-compliant training classes and programs, which are offered on a monthly basis through the end of the year.
Network with Industry Peers
Just as Barclay Brand Ferdon takes our tradition of observing and promoting forklift safety seriously, you’ll have the chance to speak with likeminded facility, operations and safety managers across the material handling industry about the precautionary measures they take. Round out the experience with a fun food truck lunch and the chance to win great giveaways. To register for our free Safety Summit in South Plainfield, NJ, fill out our online form or call 908-223-8580 ext. 1162.