Shamrock Shaped 3 Easy Tips To Go Green This St. Patrick’s Day!
Going green is more important now more than ever before. Let Barclay make it easier to go green. A properly tuned and maintained engine can reduce harmful emissions. Making the environment cleaner and safer for all the little shamrocks and leprechauns in your life!
Use these 3 tips to Go Green this St. Patrick’s Day!
1. Are you changing your spark plugs?
Changing spark plugs as recommended by the (OEM) ensures the engine runs and performs at optimal potential. Fouled, damaged and worn-out spark plugs can cause:
- Hard starts
- Idle roughness
- Poor fuel economy
- Acceleration hesitation
- Increased emissions
2. Have you checked your ignition timing recently?
Checking and maintaining proper ignition/engine timing also has an impact on the environment. Improper ignition timing means the ignition system fires at the wrong time, which contributes to:
- Decline in engine power and performance
- Increased gas consumption
- Unburned fuel, increases emissions
3. You should change air filters on a regular basis.
Can a dirty air filter contribute to high emissions? You bet it can, When the air filter becomes dirty, the engine has to work harder, contributing to:
- Decline in fuel efficiency
- Increased emission output
- Sluggish acceleration and performance
Are you doing your part to go green?
Let our certified technicians keep your lift truck operating at full potential, while contributing to a cleaner environment. Contact a Barclay representative today to learn more on how to reduce equipment emissions or how going electric might be applicable for you.