Training is a way of life for our technicians. Barclay employs a Staff Certified Trainer and utilizes an ongoing ProTech technician certification program.
How does ProTech® work?
The Yale ProTech certification program is laid out for our technicians in easy-to-follow stages. A technician must complete the online modules, skill assessments and a certification exam to earn each stage.
The five stages are:
- Stage 1 – Introductory Stage – Maintenance Technician
- The Maintenance Technician stage is comprised of 16 online training modules each concluding with a test. A participant workbook allows the technician to work with the dealer trainer to complete the skill tasks necessary for this certification level. Once the online modules and tasks are complete, the trainer will send the sign-off sheet to NMHG Technical Training to assign the final exam.
- Stages 2 to 4 – Core Stages – Certified Service, Master and Elite Technician
- The Certified Service Technician stage requires the technician to complete three online fundamental learning modules and one product Learning Path. As the technician completes additional Learning Paths and the supplement knowledge exams, the technician then qualifies for the Master / Elite Stage.
- Stage 5 – Advanced Stage – Certified Trainer
- The Certified Trainer certification requirement consists of Master/Elite status, dealer sponsorship and participation in two Train-the-Trainer sessions annually.
This comprehensive Yale ProTech program is designed to help our technicians improve their ability to serve customers throughout their careers. ProTech training will continue to help keep technicians abreast of changing technologies and product updates.
Trust the “Trained” Professionals. To request service, simply fill out the Request Service Form.